Fingers crossed ( funding decisions permitting ) we are a GO for Saturday September 23rd which as fate would have it is the first weekend of the Wigtown book Festival and the Dark Skies Conference which takes place at Gatehouse of Fleet. ( Well, I say fate, but it's all interconnected)
The Dark Outside will once again be part of Sanctuary which in all fairness does make 24 hours in a forest listening to music you've never heard before a bit more entertaining and interesting.
As always, the same rules apply for anyone considering sending anything in -
1. Be under 15/20 minutes long ( unless it's spectacularly epic that includes a full orchestra or something )
2. It has to be something that people outwith a lucky few have ever heard before. It can be music, spoken word, field recordings, rejected remixes, demos, re-edits, unedited, unmastered, remixes, re-remixes, specially recorded, forgotten gems that have been locked away for years, any genre or subgenre.
3. If it can be found online consider it rejected. Doesn't matter if you sell millions or you did it for a laugh.
4. You can send in as many things as you like although I can only use one.
5. Format is irrelevant as everything sent can be converted for broadcast. Whatever you are happy sending is good enough for me.
Everything will be deleted beyond the point of forensic recovery afterward. There will be no online version, no archive.
I delete everything but you don't have to, in fact, several things that were broadcast previously have turned up on singles or online. It's always good to hear these again.
The final date for submissions will be Sunday the 17th of September.
This allows me to not cram everything into the night before as rendering 6 hour audio files is never fun.